Monday, March 29, 2010

Slider's Log / Sunday, March 28th, 2010

2010 USA LUGE MASTER'S NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS

The day started out windy and warmer but, still cold enough for lots of folks to cram into the start house.  This race is important to me for many reasons.  The first and foremost is to raise awareness of the "Nodar Charity Fund", second to raise lots of money to help support his family during these hard times, and last to get together with lots of old friends, make new ones and Oh, vie for a national championship title.  I have not earned a national title since I was a junior racer (at 19, I was Jr. National Champion for the second year in a row).  Yes, I am here to race.  Even on a silly training sled, even out of shape, even though I haven't been on a sled for 10 years - the desire to be the fastest, never goes away.  I don't think it ever will.

Wonderful photos taken by Laura Murphy
More here:
http://www.shadywood.net/masters/2010/2010_race.asp

I'm working on the videos and will be up soon!
Thanks for all your support to the FUND!

No comments:

Post a Comment